RevenantEditDeath is usually the end of natural existance for most creatures. However, for the revenant it is only the beginning. The individuals are selected by the Raven Queen to return to the mortal world and fulfill some greater purpose. They return not as a mindless corpse or some undead abomination but as a living, breathing being that has one foot in the mortal world and one in the afterlife. Revenant exist as haunted beings, knowing only what they need to to fulfill their mission but struggling with shadows of memories of the life they once lived.
Revenants have no settlements and no culture. In fact a revenant can go through his entire "life" without ever encountering another of his own kind. Instead, everyone of them knows that they have been awakened for a purpose and only when that purpose is fulfilled can they return to death's embrace.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Revnents are quick and tough but have an unatural air to them.
- Medium Size: Revenants are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Normal Speed: Base speed for a revenant is 30 feet.
- Low-light Vision: Revenent can see twice as far in poor lighting as a human can.
- Past Life: Select another race, you count as this race for all mechanical purposes.
- Raven Queen's Blessing: Revenant sorcerers with the Undead bloodline treat their Charisma scores as 2 points higher for all sorcerer class abilities.
- Unatural Vitality Revenents may say active even after they drop below 0 hit points. On the round after a revenant drops below 0 hit points he may take one move or standard action. Immediately he loses twice as many hit points as he would normally loose and falls unconscious.
- Langues: Revenants begin play speaking Common. Revenents with high Intelligence scores can choose from any language except secret languages.